Teaching school alliances are part of the government’s drive to give schools more freedom and to take increasing responsibility for managing the schools system. As well as offering training and support for schools within the alliance, teaching schools also support other schools and will identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- lead the development of a school-led Initial Teacher Training system
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development
We regularly advertise for a teacher training placement at our partner school Loose Primary, following the School Direct route. You can find out more about this opportunity by taking a look at local Teaching Schools' websites or by visiting the UCAS website. Click on our 'Entry Profile' below to find out more about this programme.